Volunteer for Stand Up San Francisco
The resistance needs you! If you’d like to get more deeply involved with Stand Up SF, help shape our policies, and meet others who are committed to resisting Trump, we need you! Check out the volunteer roles below and contact us if any of them are a good fit for you.
If you love to meet new people, this is the role for you. The Recruitment Coordinator helps Stand Up San Francisco by bringing new members to our group. The time commitment is 2-4 hours/week.
As Recruitment Coordinator, you would:
- Collaborate with the Communications Director to improve existing recruitment materials and develop new ones
- Ensure flyers are posted in Noe Valley and neighboring areas on a weekly basis (post them yourself, or assign the task to other volunteers)
- Organize monthly tabling at the farmers’ market, making sure we have materials and signage, and that at least 2 volunteers are available every month
- Research and attend meetings of progressive and/or community-based organizations to pitch Stand Up SF
- Work with executive leadership to come up with new recruiting ideas
Do you like socializing and getting people together? Do you like how that makes people feel charged up and connected? We need someone like you! As Social Chair you would:
- Look for opportunities to get us together to connect and have fun (maybe you happen across a cute café that would make a good dinner meet up spot, a place with a good happy hour, a movie we could see together, an outdoor space that would make a good potluck, etc.)
- Talk to other members about their ideas for social outings. There are probably lots of good ideas out there! There may even be members who would like to host a group of us in their home.
- Plan your meet-up ideas for us (we’ll help you find a planning buddy for any big, all-group events)
- Give 2-4 hours per month to keeping us social
The heart of Stand Up San Francisco’s work involves having meetings with the staffs of our elected members of Congress. The team of Policy Writers coordinate and compose our policy talking points for these office actions, where we discuss with our officials how we want them to oppose the Trump agenda. We’re looking for someone who has:
- Writing/debate skills
- Interest in or familiarity with public policy
- 1-2 hours per week to collaborate online on talking points language, 3-4 hours every month or so to manage a set of talking points
- Availability for occasional in-person Policy Team meetings
Please contact Paul to discuss.
Stand Up SF is always recruiting new members, and one of our recruitment activities involves tabling at community events such as a neighborhood farmer’s market. We’re looking for members to talk with people about what SUSF does and how we do it. Tabling volunteers will work in pairs:
- To engage interested members of the community on SUSF mission and actions
- To encourage membership signup and engagement
- 2-4 hours at a time, monthly
Please contact Paul to get started.