Trump announces his Supreme Court nominee tomorrow. It doesn’t matter who it is, they will be terrible: committed to overturning Roe v. Wade and attacking the Affordable Care Act, voting rights, environmental protections, and LGBTQ+ rights.
Indivisible is fighting this nomination nationwide alongside many other civil rights groups. This is going to be a hard one to win: we need to get 51 senators (including two Republicans) to refuse to confirm any nominee. But we can win. It will require massive, sustained, collective action.
I’m proud to say our action at Sen. Harris’ office this week is fully booked, and we will be speaking out in coalition with members of NARAL to drive home the importance of this fight. But there’s a call we still need to make.
ONE THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
Call Senator Feinstein and ask what she is doing to make sure Democratic senators refuse Trump’s nominees, and how she is securing Republican votes.
JOIN THE RESIST-A-THON
From July 9 through July 15th Swing Left SF and the San Francisco Resistance Coalition are hosting a week-long Resist-A-Thon. Sign up for any of the events below:
- Monday, July 9: Kickoff Celebration at El Rio – San Francisco Resistance Coalition
- Tuesday, July 10: Text bank in SF for Spanish and English speakers – Resistance Labs
- Wednesday, July 11: Resistance Via Social Media 101 – Ladies of the Resistance
- Thursday, July 12: New Citizen Voter Registration in Oakland – Democracy Action
- Friday, July 13: Party & Fundraiser “The Resistance Starts Beer” – Sister District
- Saturday, July 14: Canvassing in Modesto – Swing Left San Francisco
- Sunday, July 15: Phone Bank in SF – Democracy Action
STAND UP SF TAKES BACK CONGRESS
We’re offering a new option this week to get out the vote from your home: sign up to call or text with ACLU’s People Power. Stand Up SF Member Kathleen says, “I have enjoyed doing it. It is a great start to texting because the audience is so supportive.” Sign up today!
Stand Up SF July General Meeting
Bring a friend next Sunday to meet CARA, the California Alliance for Retired Americans. Learn about their Senior Vote 2018 initiative, and how you can become a Senior Ambassador to win back Congress this November. And plan to join us at Philz Coffee to socialize after the meeting!
Sunday, July 15
2pm – 4pm
Noe Valley Library, 451 Jersey Street
Grassroots Organizing (GO) Team in Tracy
Canvassing is the most effective way to get Democratic votes! Join us:
Saturday, July 21
11am – 4pm
902 N. Central Ave. Suite 201
REGISTER NOW and we’ll follow up with details.
Coffee with Senator Feinstein’s staff
Friday, July 27
10am – 11am
301 Mission Street (lobby area)