I’m not going to lie to you. Between the awful SCOTUS decisions on fake health centers, gerrymandering, the Muslim ban and unions, and the resignation of Justice Kennedy, it’s been an exhausting, depressing week.
If you feel terrible right now, it’s because you care about other people. I’m proud of you.
In the dark days after the 2016 election, the only thing that could cheer me up was resistance. It’s still true. Let’s turn this grief into action.
Start small. Hold Senate Leader Mitch McConnell to his own standards. Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut said it best:
Here it is, plain and simple. McConnell set the rule. Now, he and Senate Republicans need to follow it. No vote on a Supreme Court nominee until after the new Congress is seated.
ONE THING YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW
Call Senators Feinstein and Harris. Thank them for being so ready to insist on the McConnell rule. Ask them to use their influence to hold Democratic Senators together on this matter.
If you don’t want to call, use ResistBot.
LOTS MORE THINGS YOU CAN DO: JOIN THE RESIST-A-THON
From July 9 through July 15th Swing Left SF and the San Francisco Resistance Coalition are hosting a week-long Resist-A-Thon. Sign up for any of the events below:
- Monday, July 9: Kickoff Celebration at El Rio – San Francisco Resistance Coalition
- Tuesday, July 10: Text bank in SF for Spanish and English speakers – Resistance Labs
- Wednesday, July 11: Resistance Via Social Media 101 – Ladies of the Resistance
- Thursday, July 12: New Citizen Voter Registration in Oakland – Democracy Action
- Friday, July 13: Party & Fundraiser “The Resistance Starts Beer” – Sister District
- Saturday, July 14: Canvassing in Modesto – Swing Left San Francisco
- Sunday, July 15: Phone Bank in SF – Democracy Action
Families Belong Together National Protest
Saturday, June 30
Phone Bank with Democracy Action
Sunday, July 1
2624 3rd Street
SIGN UP NOW!
Senator Harris Office Visit
Wednesday, July 11
3pm – 4pm
333 Bush Street, Suite 3325
Stand Up SF July General Meeting
Join us for a conversation with CARA, the California Alliance for Retired Americans, to learn about their Senior Vote 2018 initiative, and how you can become a Senior Ambassador to win back the house this November. Bring a friend!
Sunday, July 15
2pm – 4pm
Noe Valley Library, 451 Jersey Street
Tracy GO Team
Saturday, July 21
902 N. Central Ave. Suite 201, Tracy CA
Thanks, always, for everything you do,